Ok, here are my thoughts on getting a new puppy. We recently had to put Niko, our German Shepherd down and are now considering getting a new puppy. I am a little torn over this, I would like to get another dog, and I know the kids and Amanda would LOVE it! But on the other hand, I have been used to having a very low maintenance dog that we just have to feed and clean up after. No barking, no chewing up the furniture or anything else, and since she was an outside dog, no shedding inside the house!
We will most likely get a smaller dog that will be inside the house most of the time, and I am just a little bit leery of the whole puppy training phase. Amanda really wants a King Charles Cavalier, and they are supposed to be pretty smart dogs, and people pleasers. We have a few things that need to be done before we can get the new dog, the fence in the backyard being the first. The posts are being set today, and the rest will go up next week. We also need to get plenty of new chew toys, and a kennel.
I guess I am just hesitating a little bit because I am worried that I will be the one who ends up taking care of the dog, and cleaning up all the "accidents". Well after next week, the fence will be done, and I won't have any more excuses, so I am going to start embracing the idea.
Puppyville here we come!!!
~Richard~
Good thing my husband caves for me. The puppy arrives this wednesday!
ReplyDelete~Amanda