Having a girl has opened up a whole new world of princesses, babies and kitchens. Even though Olivia is Bradley's little shadow and willing to play all of his "boy" games she has just started her life in the pretend world.
My two favorites fantasies that she has created are (1) kitty and (2) mommy, daddy and baby.
For kitty Olivia will crawl around on the floor and meow and act like a kitty. She wants to be petted and scratched just like a kitty. She can play this for hours on end, believe me I get sick of this before she does.
Mommy, daddy and baby, (and yes this is what she calls it) started out as a very simple game using the figures of a mommy, daddy and baby out of her first doll house. Now she is assigning each "member" of her game a role. So some days I am the mommy and Richard is the daddy, Bradley is the kid and Olivia is the baby. This is my favorite since then I get to hold and rock Olivia and cuddle her like when she was a baby. But now she is getting more creative in assigning her roles. I have been the baby and once I was the daddy. Richard and Bradley have been the mommy. She is even recruiting aunt Ivy and Honey to play her game.
This land of make believe is only the beginning and it is what little girls are all about. Olivia is the little princess I always wanted even when she acts a lot like me!
~Amanda
No comments:
Post a Comment