I know how wonderful my husband is. He is a great provider and caring role model. He goes out of his way to help anyone who needs it. My children love and adore him. My family loves him. My own mother would chose him over me saying that if we (God forbids) ever get a divorce she is going to keep him and not me. And I really think she would!!! He is, in my view, the most exceptional employee. He goes above and beyond what is asked of him at his job. Now don't get me wrong, I agree he should. If not to go further in the company, but to better himself.
Now he is being recognized at his work through a newsletter that is sent out company wide. Not necessarily for the work he does at his job, but for the community service he has done through his work. I am so proud to be his wife, so I thought I would give you all a first look at what is going to be published.
Dannon Newsletter:
Human Interest Section:
Richard Haroldsen, an employee at our West Jordan plant, is an active member of his community! For the past five years, Richard has dedicated much of his time to Camp Hobé - a summer camp designed for children with cancer and their siblings. Camp Hobé gives kids the opportunity to participate in camp activities just like healthy children whose families are not affected by cancer. The camp program provides medical and psychosocial supervision to ensure children are safe both mentally and physically. Created in 1985, Camp Hobé is administered and run almost entirely by volunteers. Richard first heard about Camp Hobé through his sister-in-law Ivy, who has been an active volunteer at the camp for almost twelve years. A few years ago, the West Jordan Plant created a committee especially dedicated to doing work in our community and Camp Hobé was suggested by Richard as a possible organization to partner with. Since then, Richard and other West Jordan employees have made numerous donations to the camp, which include money, Dannon yogurt, flashlights, Frisbees, sunscreen, and bottled water among other things. As a token of appreciation, the camp invites all its corporate sponsors to a ‘VIP Night’ - where all can spend a few hours at the camp and experience how it functions. The visit includes a tour, doing activities with the kids as well as a campfire presentation.
He truly is my rock, and his heart is so big that I sometimes forget and get jealous or upset that he is so willing to help anyone anytime. So this post may be more for me, to remind of one reason I fell in love with him in the first place. So the next time he is off helping or volunteering I know his heart is right where it should be, caring and loving his family and friends.
~Amanda
what a wonderful tribute. Richard sounds like a gem.
ReplyDeleteNice.
ReplyDeleteSHUT UP! I went to Camp Hobe! My sister had cancer when she was little and we went there. I loved that place. I still have friends from there. I was a Jr. Councilor there all through high school. It is an amazing camp. That is so amazing that he does that.
ReplyDeleteI haven't ever met Richard but it sounds like you did pretty well Amanda!